The Primary Objective of this Task was to ‘Develop cogent and comprehensive framework for promotion of branding of energy efficiency in electricity markets at different level of maturity’.
The Task focused on three levels of branding:
1) Products/services and suppliers,
2) Consumers, and
1) Identified case studies and develop best practices in branding EE – products, services, programmes and companies and
2) Identified the role of institutional structures and government support in developing successful branding strategies.
Based on the comparative analysis of the case studies on various parameters (e.g.,branding practices and performance) key drivers and barriers for successful EE branding practices and the relevant learning needed to develop strategies for promoting EE were identified. Recommended branding aspects when developing strategies to promote EE are:
- Design and development of logo/ label
- Branding message
- Multimedia marketing & marketing campaign
- Partnership with government institutions
- Energy programmes/initiatives partnership with labelling programmes
- Government regulations and regimes
- Sustainability initiatives