April 2003 – International and Local Trends in Energy Efficiency, Melbourne, Australia
The workshop was hosted by: The Sustainable Energy Authority Victoria, and the Australian Greenhouse Office (AGO). Australia. International and Local Trends in Energy Efficiency. International and local speakers shared their expertise on energy efficiency policy and programs for industry. The seminar covered international, local and industry perspectives on energy efficiency in large industry and marketing energy efficient products and services to customers.
Presentations made at the seminar:
1. International Cooperation: Lessons Learned – presented by Hans Nilsson, Chairman of the IEA DSM Programme.
1. Equipment Minimum Standards and Best Practice – presented by Tony Marker, Built Environment Manager, Sustainable Energy Group, Australian Greenhouse Office, Australia.
2. Demand Bidding into Power Pools: Saving Money and Improving Business Efficiency – presented by Seppo Kärkkäinen, VTT, Finland.
3. Trends in Energy Efficiency – An Energy Users Perspective – presented by Martin Jones, Cheif Executive, Plastics and Chemicals Industries Association, Australia.
4. Transforming the Market Place: Spruiking Energy Efficiency to the Masses – presented by Verney Ryan, Building Research Establishment (BRE), United Kingdom.
5. Marketing Energy Efficient Appliances in Australia – presented by Mike O’Neill, Director, Oncon Pty Ltd, Australia.
6. Towards a National Framework for Energy Efficiency – presented by David Young, Chief Executive, Sustainable Energy Authority, Australia.