The workshop was hosted by: VTT, Finland. Demand Response Workshop Demand Response helps in the upkeeping of the power balance in the Nordic market, especially the peak load situation. It is a central factor promoting the functionality of the Nordic electricity market. In Finland the Demand Response Forum was established in 2004 to promote Demand Response in Finland.
The objective of the workshop was to exchange information on the situation of Demand Response in Finland as well as to disseminate information on Demand Response inside the IEA DSM Agreement to the stakeholders.
Helsinki, Finland – 19 April, 2005
To read the seminar program click HERE
Presentations made at the seminar:
1. 20 years of DSM – From Regulatory Straightjacket to Centre of Excellence – presented by Hans Nilsson, Chairman of the IEA DSM Programme.
2. Automatic Meter Reading at Vattenfall Finland – presented by Sanna Öörni, Manager, Products and Services, Vattenfall Distribution Finland, Finland.
3. Demand Response Potential Assessment in Finnish Large-Scale Industry – presented by Hannu Pihala, Technical Research Centre of Finland (VTT), Finland.
4. DR Possibilities from a TSOs Point of View – presented by Jarno Sederlund, Operation Planning, Fingrid Oyj, Finland.
5. Introduction to Demand Response – presented by Juha Kekkonen, Fingrid Oyj, Finland.
6. Real-Time Pricing Project at Small Customers in Finland, MAHIS – presented by Pekka Koponen, VTT Processes, Finland.
7. Small Customer Dynamic Pricing Pilots in Denmark and Norway (EFFLOCOM-project) vs. DR of Electric Heating in Finland – presented by Seppo Kärkkäinen, VTT, Finland.
8. Time of Use Pricing and Energy Use for Demand Management Delivery – presented by Richard Formby, EA Technology, United Kingdom.
9. Demand Response Resources – presented by Ross Malme, RETX Energy Services, United States.